The March 29, 2019 deadline is approaching for the application process of our 2019 Vancouver USA Singers Youth Scholarship. The Scholarship winner will be awarded $1000 to further their vocal studies, and will perform as our guest at our June 1st and 2nd concerts.
- To be eligible to compete for this prestigious vocal award, applicants must be a high school student (public, private, or home school) enrolled in Clark County or one of its neighboring counties (Skamania, Cowlitz, Columbia, or Multnomah).
- Applicants will be required to prepare two pieces: the first is to be a classical art song and the second can be from either classical, opera, or Broadway theatre genres and submit a recording in either MP3 or MP4 format with their application no later than March 29, 2019.
- Applicants will be notified whether they have been selected for an audition by April 10th.
- Applicants selected for auditions are required to provide their own accompanist; no recordings will be allowed. Auditions on April 26, 2019 will be performed for a panel of judges. A piano and/or a sound system will be available for use at the audition.
- If chosen as the winner, the piece performed during our June concert must be the same piece submitted with their application and performed during their audition.
How do I apply?