Vancouver USA Singers is excited to announce the application process for our 2018 Vancouver USA Singers Youth Scholarship. The Scholarship winner will be awarded $1000 to further their vocal studies, and will perform as our guest at our June 2nd and 3rd concerts.
- To be eligible to compete for this prestigious vocal award, applicants must be a high school student (public, private, or home school) enrolled in Clark County or one of its neighboring counties (Skamania, Cowlitz, Columbia, or Multnomah).
- Applicants will be required to prepare a piece from either classical, opera, or Broadway theatre genres and submit a recording in either MP3 or MP4 format with their application no later than March 30, 2018.
- If chosen as the winner, the piece performed during our June concert must be the same piece submitted with their application and performed during their audition.
- In submitting an application and recording, applicants are also committing to the following schedule:
- April 16, 2018 5:00 PM Auditions
- May 29, 2018 7:00 PM Dress Rehearsal
- May 30, 2018 7:00 PM Dress Rehearsal
- June 2, 2018 7:00 PM Performance
- June 3, 2018 3:00 PM Performance
- Applicants selected for auditions are required to provide their own accompanist; no recordings will be allowed. Auditions on April 16, 2018 will be performed for a panel of judges. A piano and/or a sound system will be available for use at the audition.The winner will be notified by April 21, 2018.
How do I apply?