Applications for our 2017 Vancouver USA Singers Youth Scholarship are now being evaluated by our Scholarship Committee for inclusion in the April 17 live audition before a panel of judges. The winner of that audition will be awarded a $1000 Scholarship to further their vocal studies, and will perform as our guest at our May 20th and 21st concerts.
- To be eligible to compete for this prestigious vocal award, applicants must be a high school student (public, private, or home school) enrolled in Clark County or one of its neighboring counties (Skamania, Cowlitz, Columbia, or Multnomah).
- Applicants will be required to prepare a piece from either classical, opera, or stage genres and submit a recording in either MP3 or MP4 format with their application no later than March 15, 2017. The piece they submit in the application must be the same piece performed during their audition and during our May concerts if chosen as the winner.
- In submitting an application and recording, applicants are also committing to the following schedule:
- April 17, 2017 5:00 PM Auditions
- May 15, 2017 7:00 PM Dress Rehearsal
- May 16, 2017 7:00 PM Dress Rehearsal
- May 20, 2017 7:00 PM Performance
- May 21, 2017 3:00 PM Performance
- Applicants selected for auditions are required to provide their own accompanist; no recordings will be allowed. Auditions on April 17, 2017 will be performed for a panel of judges. A piano and/or a sound system will be available for use at the audition.The winner will be notified by April 20, 2017.
How do I apply?
Applications are now closed.